October 17, 2013
NYS Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and NYC Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg
Proclaim Thursday, October 17 as Mediation Settlement Day
Everyone can benefit from learning about mediation and other Alternative Dispute Resolution resources to resolve conflicts and disputes peacefully.
Throughout the month of October, Mediation Settlement Day sponsors offer special programs to increase understanding about mediation as a means of resolving conflicts and disputes peacefully.
This year’s Mediation Settlement Day Honorary Chair is Kenneth R. Feinberg, Director of the One Boston Fund 2013, Special Master of the Federal September 11th Victim Compensation Fund 2001 and Founder and Managing Partner at Feinberg, Rozen, LLP.
For the third consecutive year, on Mediation Settlement Day at sundown, seven New York landmarks will be illuminated in blue in support of mediation:
- 7 World Trade Center
- Albany Law School
- Mid-Hudson Bridge – Poughkeepsie
- Niagara Falls, the American and Canadian sides (Niagara Falls Illumination Board)
- Peace Bridge Buffalo
- The Electric Tower of Buffalo
- The Staten Island Ferry Terminals in Manhattan/Whitehall display a message inviting the public to learn about mediation at www.nycourts.gov/adr.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- FINRA Appoints New Arbitration Task Force - July 17th, 2014
- Securities Arbitration Commentator Launches New Blog - July 9th, 2014
- Registration Now Open for Fall 2014 ADR Works in Progress Conference - June 11th, 2014
- Quick Tips for Developing Your ADR Career - May 22nd, 2014
- AAA Seeking Law School Clinics to Represent Parties in Arbitration and Mediation - May 14th, 2014