October 9, 2013
On December 2-5, 2013, there will be a “Veterans Treatment Court Conference” in Washington DC that is being advertised as “The nation’s first conference dedicated to Veterans Treatment Courts and justice-involved veterans.”
According to the website:
This inaugural conference is expected to draw over 1,000 attendees from across the nation! With over 75 sessions, including more than 150 hours of education, Vet Court Con will offer critical training to judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, probation officers, volunteer Veteran Mentors, volunteer Veteran Mentor Coordinators, law enforcement officers, mental health and drug addiction treatment professionals, VA employees, and many others.
For more information about the conference, see here .
The existence of this conference indicates how wide-spread veterans courts have become. According to one report, “In 2008, there were just five veterans courts in the United States. By the end of last year, there were 166.” See here .
Last 5 posts by Cynthia Alkon
- Just don't ask and get good karma??!! - October 12th, 2014
- Police Abuse and Mediation - September 25th, 2014
- On Jimmy Fallon and Finding Common Ground - August 23rd, 2014
- “Tell her Capt. Johnson is sorry and he apologizes.” - August 14th, 2014
- Negotiating Silicon Valley - August 12th, 2014