May 24, 2013
Despite increasing pressure on the SEC to exercise its Dodd-Frank-granted explicit authority to ban mandatory securities arbitration, SEC Commissioner Elisse Walter stated earlier this week, according to a report in Reuters, that the Commission won’t have time to address the issue until 2014, in light of the other mandates of Dodd-Frank. It’s a shame that the issue won’t get the regulatory attention it deserves due to lack of resources.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Congratulations to FOI Hiro Aragaki - November 24th, 2013
- Report from Cardozo's Wonderful ADR Works-in-Progress Conference - November 10th, 2013
- Happy Mediation Settlement Day! - October 17th, 2013
- CyberWeek 2013 eMediation Competition - October 15th, 2013
- George Friedman's Prolific Retirement - September 16th, 2013