May 24, 2013
Despite increasing pressure on the SEC to exercise its Dodd-Frank-granted explicitÂ authority to ban mandatory securities arbitration, SEC Commissioner Elisse Walter stated earlier this week, according to a report in Reuters, that the Commission won’t have time to address the issue until 2014, in light of the other mandates of Dodd-Frank.Â It’s a shame that the issue won’t get the regulatory attention it deserves due to lack of resources.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Profs. Frenkel and Stark Win CPR Outstanding Scholarly Article Award - February 27th, 2014
- Dropbox adds Arbitration Clause to its Terms of Service - February 23rd, 2014
- Notable AAA Arbitration Rule Revisions in 2013 - December 17th, 2013
- Congratulations to FOI Hiro Aragaki - November 24th, 2013
- Report from Cardozo's Wonderful ADR Works-in-Progress Conference - November 10th, 2013