May 24, 2013
Despite increasing pressure on the SEC to exercise its Dodd-Frank-granted explicit authority to ban mandatory securities arbitration, SEC Commissioner Elisse Walter stated earlier this week, according to a report in Reuters, that the Commission won’t have time to address the issue until 2014, in light of the other mandates of Dodd-Frank. It’s a shame that the issue won’t get the regulatory attention it deserves due to lack of resources.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- FINRA Appoints New Arbitration Task Force - July 17th, 2014
- Securities Arbitration Commentator Launches New Blog - July 9th, 2014
- Registration Now Open for Fall 2014 ADR Works in Progress Conference - June 11th, 2014
- Quick Tips for Developing Your ADR Career - May 22nd, 2014
- AAA Seeking Law School Clinics to Represent Parties in Arbitration and Mediation - May 14th, 2014