May 24, 2013
Despite increasing pressure on the SEC to exercise its Dodd-Frank-granted explicit authority to ban mandatory securities arbitration, SEC Commissioner Elisse Walter stated earlier this week, according to a report in Reuters, that the Commission won’t have time to address the issue until 2014, in light of the other mandates of Dodd-Frank. It’s a shame that the issue won’t get the regulatory attention it deserves due to lack of resources.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Updates on current and former FINRA Dispute Resolution executives - December 15th, 2014
- Symposium at Cardozo Asking (and perhaps Answering) "Is Mediation a Sleeping Beauty? - October 15th, 2014
- PIABA Releases Study Criticizing Lack of Diversity of FINRA Arbitrator Pool - October 7th, 2014
- Linda Fienberg To Retire from FINRA Dispute Resolution - October 7th, 2014
- Second Circuit Holds Forum Selection Clause Trumps FINRA Arbitration Requirement - August 21st, 2014