May 24, 2013
Despite increasing pressure on the SEC to exercise its Dodd-Frank-granted explicitÂ authority to ban mandatory securities arbitration, SEC Commissioner Elisse Walter stated earlier this week, according to a report in Reuters, that the Commission won’t have time to address the issue until 2014, in light of the other mandates of Dodd-Frank.Â It’s a shame that the issue won’t get the regulatory attention it deserves due to lack of resources.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Ninth Circuit, FINRA Arbitration and Exchange Act Commands - April 7th, 2014
- Arizona State Law Wins ABA Representation in Mediation Competition - April 6th, 2014
- Profs. Frenkel and Stark Win CPR Outstanding Scholarly Article Award - February 27th, 2014
- Dropbox adds Arbitration Clause to its Terms of Service - February 23rd, 2014
- Notable AAA Arbitration Rule Revisions in 2013 - December 17th, 2013