According to one of the Valley’s leading news sources, a “mediation specialist” has been accused of taking contraband into the Maricopa County Jail. The story is here and a after a quick read you’ll realize that this is a simple mistake. Turns out the person charged is a Mitigation Specialist with the Public Defender’s Office. Mediation specialist – mitigation specialist, what’s the difference? Doh!
Last 5 posts by Art Hinshaw
- Mediator Horror Stories - January 15th, 2015
- Carrel - ADR as First Career Video Blog Update - December 11th, 2014
- Srikanthiah and Martinez - Applying Negotiations Pedagogy to Clinical Teaching: Tools for Institutional Client Representation in Law School Clinics - December 9th, 2014
- Carrel: Yes, Please – Can Improv Improve Responses to Ethical Dilemmas? - December 3rd, 2014
- My New Favorite Academic Article - November 26th, 2014