January 17, 2013
FINRA Dispute Resolution announced yesterday that it will launch a pilot program to offer pro bono or reduced-fee telephonic mediation to parties whose dispute has a dollar value $50,000 or less. Kudos to FINRA for devising this low cost option to benefit investors of modest means whose claims are too small to make an arbitration hearing or even an in-person mediation economically feasible. You can read more details of the pilot program here.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Updates on current and former FINRA Dispute Resolution executives - December 15th, 2014
- Symposium at Cardozo Asking (and perhaps Answering) "Is Mediation a Sleeping Beauty? - October 15th, 2014
- PIABA Releases Study Criticizing Lack of Diversity of FINRA Arbitrator Pool - October 7th, 2014
- Linda Fienberg To Retire from FINRA Dispute Resolution - October 7th, 2014
- Second Circuit Holds Forum Selection Clause Trumps FINRA Arbitration Requirement - August 21st, 2014