FINRA Dispute Resolution announced yesterday that it will launch a pilot program to offer pro bono or reduced-fee telephonic mediation to parties whose dispute has a dollar value $50,000 or less. Kudos to FINRA for devising this low cost option to benefit investors of modest means whose claims are too small to make an arbitration hearing or even an in-person mediation economically feasible. You can read more details of the pilot program here.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- SEC Won't Have Time to Tackle Issue of Mandatory Securities Arbitration - May 24th, 2013
- Schwab removes class action waiver from customer agreements - May 17th, 2013
- Arbitration Fairness Act of 2013 introduced in Congress - May 8th, 2013
- Tennessee court invalidates brokerage firm's arbitration clause as unconscionable - May 1st, 2013
- Added Pressure on SEC to Eliminate Mandatory Securities Arbitration - April 30th, 2013