January 17, 2013
FINRA Dispute Resolution announced yesterday that it will launch a pilot program to offer pro bono or reduced-fee telephonic mediation to parties whose dispute has a dollar value $50,000 or less. Kudos to FINRA for devising this low cost option to benefit investors of modest means whose claims are too small to make an arbitration hearing or even an in-person mediation economically feasible. You can read more details of the pilot program here.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Profs. Frenkel and Stark Win CPR Outstanding Scholarly Article Award - February 27th, 2014
- Dropbox adds Arbitration Clause to its Terms of Service - February 23rd, 2014
- Notable AAA Arbitration Rule Revisions in 2013 - December 17th, 2013
- Congratulations to FOI Hiro Aragaki - November 24th, 2013
- Report from Cardozo's Wonderful ADR Works-in-Progress Conference - November 10th, 2013