November 15, 2012
Rick Bales (Northern Kentucky) wrote a very thoughtful blog post on the American Express v. Italian Colors Restaurant over at the Workplace Prof Blog. I agree with much of what he said, including the observation that it is unfortunate that the Court will be making new arbitration law that likely will have a huge impact on consumer arbitration based on a case not involving consumers (here, merchants who permitted customers to pay their bills with an Amex card).
My initial post on the grant of cert last Friday was merely a quick report – I also hope to add some thoughts on the case in the coming weeks and months.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- FINRA Appoints New Arbitration Task Force - July 17th, 2014
- Securities Arbitration Commentator Launches New Blog - July 9th, 2014
- Registration Now Open for Fall 2014 ADR Works in Progress Conference - June 11th, 2014
- Quick Tips for Developing Your ADR Career - May 22nd, 2014
- AAA Seeking Law School Clinics to Represent Parties in Arbitration and Mediation - May 14th, 2014