November 15, 2012
Rick Bales (Northern Kentucky) wrote a very thoughtful blog post on the American Express v. Italian Colors Restaurant over at the Workplace Prof Blog. I agree with much of what he said, including the observation that it is unfortunate that the Court will be making new arbitration law that likely will have a huge impact on consumer arbitration based on a case not involving consumers (here, merchants who permitted customers to pay their bills with an Amex card).
My initial post on the grant of cert last Friday was merely a quick report – I also hope to add some thoughts on the case in the coming weeks and months.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Congratulations to FOI Hiro Aragaki - November 24th, 2013
- Report from Cardozo's Wonderful ADR Works-in-Progress Conference - November 10th, 2013
- Happy Mediation Settlement Day! - October 17th, 2013
- CyberWeek 2013 eMediation Competition - October 15th, 2013
- George Friedman's Prolific Retirement - September 16th, 2013