March 4, 2012
The SEC has published two requests for public comment on proposals to amend two separate FINRA Dispute Resolution procedural rules. The SEC’s first request for comment on a FINRA rule change proposal to raise the monetary threshold for Simplified Arbitration cases from $25,000 to $50,000. See the Federal Register Notice here. Comments are due by March 20, 2012.
The second request for comment is from the SEC on a FINRA rule change proposal to give the Director of Mediation discretion to decide whether parties can select a mediator not on FINRA’s roster. The Federal Register Notice is available here. Comments are due March 20, 2012.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Second Circuit Adopts Bright-Line Definition of FINRA "Customer" For Arbitration Purposes - August 1st, 2014
- FINRA Appoints New Arbitration Task Force - July 17th, 2014
- Securities Arbitration Commentator Launches New Blog - July 9th, 2014
- Registration Now Open for Fall 2014 ADR Works in Progress Conference - June 11th, 2014
- Quick Tips for Developing Your ADR Career - May 22nd, 2014