The SEC has published two requests for public comment on proposals to amend two separate FINRA Dispute Resolution procedural rules. The SEC’s first request for comment on a FINRA rule change proposal to raise the monetary threshold for Simplified Arbitration cases from $25,000 to $50,000. See the Federal Register Notice here. Comments are due by March 20, 2012.
The second request for comment is from the SEC on a FINRA rule change proposal to give the Director of Mediation discretion to decide whether parties can select a mediator not on FINRA’s roster. The Federal Register Notice is available here. Comments are due March 20, 2012.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- SEC Won't Have Time to Tackle Issue of Mandatory Securities Arbitration - May 24th, 2013
- Schwab removes class action waiver from customer agreements - May 17th, 2013
- Arbitration Fairness Act of 2013 introduced in Congress - May 8th, 2013
- Tennessee court invalidates brokerage firm's arbitration clause as unconscionable - May 1st, 2013
- Added Pressure on SEC to Eliminate Mandatory Securities Arbitration - April 30th, 2013