March 4, 2012
The SEC has published two requests for public comment on proposals to amend two separate FINRA Dispute Resolution procedural rules. The SEC’s first request for comment on a FINRA rule change proposal to raise the monetary threshold for Simplified Arbitration cases from $25,000 to $50,000. See the Federal Register Notice here. Comments are due by March 20, 2012.
The second request for comment is from the SEC on a FINRA rule change proposal to give the Director of Mediation discretion to decide whether parties can select a mediator not on FINRA’s roster. The Federal Register Notice is available here. Comments are due March 20, 2012.
Last 5 posts by Jill Gross
- Symposium at Cardozo Asking (and perhaps Answering) "Is Mediation a Sleeping Beauty? - October 15th, 2014
- PIABA Releases Study Criticizing Lack of Diversity of FINRA Arbitrator Pool - October 7th, 2014
- Linda Fienberg To Retire from FINRA Dispute Resolution - October 7th, 2014
- Second Circuit Holds Forum Selection Clause Trumps FINRA Arbitration Requirement - August 21st, 2014
- Hat Trick: NHL Adds Arbitration Clause, Class Action Waiver and One-Year Limitations Period to its Consumer Services Agreement - August 18th, 2014